Monday, July 7, 2008

Old People,Baseball, and Peacocks.

Okay, do you every have a conversation and realize you can't figure out how you got to such a pointless topic, like how did peacocks get their name?
Yeah, me too.
So me and JD were at Trout Lake, just sitting, talking, and enjoying some slurps.
On our way home we walked by a bunch of old people playing baseball and I turned to JD and asked "Why do old people play baseball?"
To which she responded with "To get exercise"
At first I agreed, but then I realized baseball is the least athletic sport ever.
I mean look at it. You are either Standing on a field hoping the ball will be hit in your general direction, or in the dugout waiting for your two seconds of running between the bases. And even when its your turn to bat, it's not even guaranteed your going to get to run.
It’s actually not athletic at all, especially when your old and brittle.
After I explained this to JD, the question was then is there a sport that is less athletic then Baseball? JD suggested Ping Pong, but have you ever seen a ping pong competition?
It could possibly be more intense then any sport out there.
So after about ten minutes of throwing around ideas, it became clear that the only sport that is less athletic then baseball, is rock, paper, scissors. Yes, it is a real sport.
Then randomly JD was like rock...paper....PEACOCK!
We had a good laugh, but then I realized...peacock...what kind of name is that.
Was Adam trying to state the obvious? I think not.
So I tried to be all scientific and decided "pea" is the Hebrew word for beautiful and "cock" is another word for a male chicken. So directly translated it means "beautiful cock"
That was the extent of my intelligent conversations today, hope you enjoyed it :)

2 comments:

JD said...

Actually jess, i think you said pea means colourful, so directly translated it would be colourful cock.

Jess... said...

Oh I'm sorry, my mistake.